cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743CDW Button Panel Not Working

eneng
Apprentice

Just got a new MF743CDW and it seems that the buttons (Sleep, Home, Stop) on the operation panel are not working.

When it is on sleep and I press the Sleep button, it would wake up. But pressing the sleep button again does nothing.

Pressing the Home button doesn't return me to the home screen. For example, if I went inside Menu, pressing Home button is not doing anything. There's no way for me to go back to home except for restarting the or waiting it to sleep then waking it up to default to home screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi eneng.

If the buttons are not responding correctly, you'll need to contact our phone-based support. In the case that service is required, they'll be able to help arrange for your options.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi eneng.

If the buttons are not responding correctly, you'll need to contact our phone-based support. In the case that service is required, they'll be able to help arrange for your options.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

eneng
Apprentice
I did call support and I ended up returning the printer.

nitaipadd
Apprentice

Any word on this issue?  Can you order a replacement keypad?  Is there some function that inadvertently disables these buttons at the bottom?

Announcements