cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743CDW - Annoying Beeps at Print Startup

mf743cdw
Apprentice

My MF743CDW has an annoying set of loud beeps, sometimes once, twice or three times in a row.  The beeps are pretty loud, much larger than the muted beep at the end of a print job.

I have checked all of the sound control settings in RemoteUI and here they are below...

I have also checked the error logs and can't find anything indicating some sort of print start job error.  What is weird is that often these startup beeps happen, but sometimes they don't.  I can't be certain of it, but it seems like if I send multiple jobs at once or close to the same moment then I don't hear the beep.  Other times, maybe when the printer is warming back up, the beeps come.

Has any one had this issue?

MF743CDW Beeps.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mf743cdw
Apprentice

I found the answer on this problem.  The beeps at the start of the print job were not coming from the Canon MF743CDW....they were coming from the UPS that was next to the printer!  Apparently when this laser printer starts up, it draws a significant current from the UPS, so much so it was temporarily overloading my available UPS power capacity.

This was a good find from Charlie at Canon Support and emphasizes that their laser printer does need a strong power source to startup, so check your UPS power capabilities before plugging your Canon laser into the UPS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mf743cdw
Apprentice

I found the answer on this problem.  The beeps at the start of the print job were not coming from the Canon MF743CDW....they were coming from the UPS that was next to the printer!  Apparently when this laser printer starts up, it draws a significant current from the UPS, so much so it was temporarily overloading my available UPS power capacity.

This was a good find from Charlie at Canon Support and emphasizes that their laser printer does need a strong power source to startup, so check your UPS power capabilities before plugging your Canon laser into the UPS.

Announcements