cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733Cdw Message: "Correcting... Wait a moment."

ThomasCakalic
Apprentice

I have a brand new MF733Cdw. Probably less than 10 pages printed. 

I've seen this message at least 3 times after printing a document. 

"Correcting... Wait a moment."

Is that anything I should be concerned with? 

If it's indicative of a problem or pending problem, I'd like to exchange it witin the period alloed by the venfor I purchased fom. 

Thanks. 

Tom

13 REPLIES 13

ThomasCakalic
Apprentice

I'll answer my own post since Canon can't seem to do it within 24 hours. I know this is a user community, but I'd assume Canon would monitor and respond if they know the answer.

After no response, I first emailed my original message to Canon support and a person emailed back this morning instructing me to run a gradation correction procedure. This the first thing that comes up in a knowledge base search for model MF733cdw and the word 'correcting'. I didn't believe this would solve the issue and it did not. 

The next instruction was to call the support line, which I did. 

I was told that this is a normal message and just means the 'toner levels are being adjusted to get the best possibe print quality for the next job'. That comforted me at first but not so much after thinking about it more. 

1.This device is brand new and all the toner levels read 100% on the display panel when checked.  

2. If a device goes through some kind of adjustment after each print job as a matter of normal routine, is there a need to inform the user every time?

3. If this is truly normal, why use the term "Correcting"? To correct something would tend to imply there's a problem requiring correction. 

I'm now at 70 or 80 pages printed and it displays this message 9 out 10 times. Interesting that it hasn't displayed the message when I did copies. 

Unfortunately I'm still not feeling confident everything's OK and there's not a looming issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

I see only one other mention of it in the forums and that customer was told "The printer sensed a bottleneck in the communications setup and corrected for that.  It is not clear what caused the bottleneck but when you print or scan many pages, it is possible that memory and/or virtual memory on the computer can fill up and cause the slowdown."

That answer is also unsatisfactory because in my case the message is displayed after printing is complete and when only 1 page is printed. So it's unlikely a network or resource issue. 

I just got a LBP612CDW and am having the exact same issue. I've only printed four pages so far, and I've seen that message twice (it's possible that the message happened the other times as well, and I just didn't happen to look at the display at the time). It is disconcerting, and likewise would like to know if it's normal, or if I should return the printer.

Did we ever find out why the printer does this?  I have an MF642Cdw laser color printer and I had ran down my toner cartridges and I'm wondering if that is a contributing factor.  Do you still have this problem and any other solutions?  Thanks!

Hello Mattanfang,

Canon representative replied to my post and provided the following: 

By default the machine is set to correct the color mismatch after every print job

I have owned this printer for over a year now. I have not experienced any issues; however, it does perform corrections after first-time print. The Canon Representative provided the steps to change the setting, but I never changed anything. This appears to be a normal functionality. No issues here. I hope this helps.

try changing the settings and see if that helps

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Correction Settings>  <Correct Print Color Mismatch>  Select <After Printing First Job> or <When Turning Main Power ON>  

Thank you

Thank you and yes I did make that adjustment from after printing to during power up and then the "correcting" issue would just occur for multiple minutes before it could print a page instead of just after it would print a page.  I really honestly feel that it was just due to extremely low toner (I was able to get over 1000 pages on the starter toner cartridges that were first in the machine over 2 years ago).  Ha, so I'll see if it gets better now with new toner.

Thanks again for the response back.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and if it went away with new toner or if there is another solution.

etp
Enthusiast

Really like my 733 but setup can be very frustrating to impossible. It does 90% of what I need so I will most likely keep it. As you said I have 45 days to take it back to BB and then its my problem. LOL

Hi etp

If you are having trouble with setup, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jatinder
Apprentice

I bought Canon MF733CDW a few weeks ago for home use. I do not use it daily and it sits switched off most of the time. I turn it on once a week mostly. I recently noticed I get Correcting... Wait a moment message every time I print a page. I tested it by using various different applications (word, paint, adobe etc.). I tried various settings ( B&W, duplex etc.) with no change. Most probably I am out of return period to Walmart. Overall, I am very happy with the product. I have no connectivity issues because it is hard-wired to router using CAT 6 cable. I love print quality and the scanner works fine too. I spent about $400 on this item and trusted Canon for their quality products. The message makes me feel uneasy every time. I searched online and found no answer or solution to this issue. I searched online help and PDF manual of this item and found no reference to this message. Why would Canon not explain messages displaying on their machine? I hope someone else can share their experience. The original post is from 2017. Is this issue due to ink cartridges? Any possible issues due to this message? I hope Canon can answer this post instead of just asking customers to call. 20190915_193706.jpg

Hi jatinder.

By default the the machine is set to correct the color mismatch after every print job; however, you can change this setting to only have it performed when the machine is turned on from the main power switch. Please follow the steps below to adjust the setting:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Correction Settings>  <Correct Print Color Mismatch>  Select <After Printing First Job> or <When Turning Main Power ON>  

If you have any other questions, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements