cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733CDW Label Printing washout....

fuzzymonkey
Apprentice

I'm attempting to print 3x5 labels on both Gloss and Matte labels, but I'm getting white spec areas and areas of "Over-Run"... not sure what to call it.  My print is brand new, and the labels are of good quality from sheetlabels.com, so I can't figure out why this is happening.  I can print the image on regular paper and it's fine (no white specs and no "over-run"), so is it simply that this printer cannot print on the label paper??  I wasn't sure if there were maybe some settings in the printer that would help, so I figured I would ask all the experts out here  🙂 

FuzzyMonkeyLabel.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi fuzzymonkey.

Since the paper has to be heated, we recommend that you do not use any type of glossy paper with the printer, as it may cause internal damage to the machine.

You are able to use the matte labels, as long as they are designed specifically for laser printers and are not multipurpose. After you have confirmed this information, you will want to make sure that the Paper Type on the printer is set for Labels. Please follow the steps at this link to set the paper type:

Specifying Paper Size and Type

You can also try enabling the Reduce Ghosting 1 and 2 options directly at the printer by following the steps below:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Reduce Ghosting 1> or <Reduce Ghosting 2>  <On>  <Yes>  

If you continue to experience any issues, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi fuzzymonkey.

Since the paper has to be heated, we recommend that you do not use any type of glossy paper with the printer, as it may cause internal damage to the machine.

You are able to use the matte labels, as long as they are designed specifically for laser printers and are not multipurpose. After you have confirmed this information, you will want to make sure that the Paper Type on the printer is set for Labels. Please follow the steps at this link to set the paper type:

Specifying Paper Size and Type

You can also try enabling the Reduce Ghosting 1 and 2 options directly at the printer by following the steps below:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Reduce Ghosting 1> or <Reduce Ghosting 2>  <On>  <Yes>  

If you continue to experience any issues, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This worked great! Thanks for the help!!

saratk
Apprentice

I am having this issue with the Canon Color imageCLASS MF641Cw.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

I am using Glossy label paper for a Laser printer.

Announcements