cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733 CdW Paper Jam

kearvelprops
Apprentice

Is there a resolution to the PAPER Jam that does not reset? Do i need to take the printer apart? i tried the 20 minute reset and that did not work. This is annoying because my daughter is schooling from home and we cannot print. I have to go to fedex to print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the advice. I found the culprit.

Maybe Canon can add to some explanation like this to a solution as well. It was not a programming issue, it was a tiny piece of paper. Maybe in the future the machines can be made with better access to the roller areas to easily ID little pieces left behind. But i Avoided paying to have it done thank goodness.

• I tried the hard 20 minute reset I saw in the community post.
  • Then after following the steps on the machine's display, and repeatedly opening the back tray and moving whatever roller I could, I didn't find anything.
  • I removed all of the toner cartridges to check that area again.
  • Removed the paper tray at the bottom and checked that area again.
  • Finally, i said, tilt the machine on the back, with the paper tray removed and see if I could see anything. in  crack on the left side i could see what appeared to be a white roller. I checked right of center for a second roller and it looked a little different like the roller was longer. after adding more light, i thought it may be a piece of paper. i ran down to the garage to grab my slime jewelers screwdriver. I gently moved the anomaly and started to smile. I slowly moved it up, and problem solved. 

🙂

IMG_9306.jpgIMG_9305.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, kearvelprops!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the advice. I found the culprit.

Maybe Canon can add to some explanation like this to a solution as well. It was not a programming issue, it was a tiny piece of paper. Maybe in the future the machines can be made with better access to the roller areas to easily ID little pieces left behind. But i Avoided paying to have it done thank goodness.

• I tried the hard 20 minute reset I saw in the community post.
  • Then after following the steps on the machine's display, and repeatedly opening the back tray and moving whatever roller I could, I didn't find anything.
  • I removed all of the toner cartridges to check that area again.
  • Removed the paper tray at the bottom and checked that area again.
  • Finally, i said, tilt the machine on the back, with the paper tray removed and see if I could see anything. in  crack on the left side i could see what appeared to be a white roller. I checked right of center for a second roller and it looked a little different like the roller was longer. after adding more light, i thought it may be a piece of paper. i ran down to the garage to grab my slime jewelers screwdriver. I gently moved the anomaly and started to smile. I slowly moved it up, and problem solved. 

🙂

IMG_9306.jpgIMG_9305.jpg

Announcements