cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF731Cdw low tone message

RedBadger
Apprentice

My printer has been working like a champ, however the toners are now low (30%) and I get a message to prepare new toner. I normally use black the most and so just purchased the High capacity black toner and installed it.  How do I bypass the message for the other toners?  I don't like wasting 30%, and am in the middle of a very important paper.  ANY HELP would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi RedBadger.

The MF731Cdw's toner status may be disabled using the following menu path:

<Menu>  <Management Settings>  <Device Management>  <Display Consumables Information (RUI/Toner Status)>  Specify the settings  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed your directions but only had the option to turn on or off the setting. and when I hit apply, nothign changed. I still get the message to prtepare new toner.  

Hi RedBadger.

If that setting didn't correct the alert, try adjusting the setting for toner alert timing.

<Menu>  <Preferences>  <Display Settings>  <Display Timing for Cart. Prep.>  Select <Off> in <Auto>  Enter toner level in <Custom>  <Apply>  

That should affect the alert on both the printer and the computer or mobile device (if one is used with the printer).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements