cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf217w prints empty scanned image pdf, but prints scanned image tiff.

sandyt
Contributor

I have a mf217w with 11.03 firmware (newer than the posted 11.02 firmware on canon's support website) and latest windows 10 drivers.

I scanned a little cash register sale receipt using the toolbox scanning software, saved the image as pdf, opened it on the edge broswer, looked fine on the edge broswer, printed it on the mf217w --- both the print preview on screen and the actual printed page on paper are blank.

Scanned the same sale receipt using the same toolbox software, saved the image as tiff, open it on whatever microsoft's windows 10 built-in tiff image viewer software, printed it on the same mf217w and it prints perfectly ok.

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi sandyt.

The problem is likely with the browser print settings.  Some web browsers contain a setting for ignoring "background images" when printing, and the page scanned by PDF could be treated as a "background image" by such browsers.  Try checking the browser's print window for such a print setting, printing from a different PDF reading program, or printing from a different browser.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Only when the printer is turn off and edge browser is set to "print as pdf" --- would the option of background graphics printing be shown. When the printer is turn on AND I am printing a pdf file, there is no such option. If I am printing a normal webpage with the edge browser, that background graphics printing option is available when the printer is on.

I managed to make the print preview to show the sale receipt --- by making it "fit the printable page" instead of 100% scale. This is a small cash register receipt with a few handwritten words (reminding me what kind of products I bought) on the rest of the "white paper area".

Announcements