cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF731 E202-0001

jeffpkamp
Apprentice

My MF731 has started giving me this error, along with cryptic paper jam errors for the top feeder.  I've been able to reduce the number of paper jam errors by cleaning the rollers, but the E202-0001 error continues to show up any time I scan or copy. 

I was able to figure out the error has something to do with the scan sensor.  When it scans a document from the feeder tray it does not return to it's proper position when done.  After a full reset, it will return to it's home position and allow another scan before having the same problem.  When I do a full scan using the glass tray it scans to the bottom, but then seems to encounter a problem when trying to return to the top of the tray.  A full reset gets it back to the top but  a second reset is required to get it the last few inches back to its home position.  

I am inclined ot think this is a mechanical issue, but am unsure how to trouble shoot it.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jeffpkamp,

The E202-0001 error is caused by a hardware issue or it could be power based. To try and resolve the issue, you can try a different outlet/power source since the issue could be caused if the printer does not get enough power. If you continue to have the issue when the printer is in another power source, the printer would need service.

To check your service options, you can log into your Canon account using the link provided HERE or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements