cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726Cdw NOT Scanning to PC

BoosedElephant
Apprentice

I've done everything I can within my skill set to fix this problem, even going so far as the nuclear option by reseting my computer to factory default settings.  This still didn't fix the problem.

This problem only affects the PLATEN GLASS scanner, the feeder still works using MF Scan Utility.

So this problem came up out of the blue.  I have succesfully used the platen glass scanner as recently as a few weeks ago.  Last night was the first time I experienced problems trying to initiate a platen glass scan.  As soon as I use MF Scan Utility to initiate a platen glass scan my printer starts up like normal, and lifting the cover even shows the read head moves about 10% of the way down the document.  The problem is it stops there and doesn't continue scanning, well usually it doesn't continue scanning.  On one occasion it did complete a scan, but it took about 20 minutes for one page and the scan head would pause for long periods of time, only to briefly move again, cycling like this until it finished.  That one particular scan also came out looking like a hot mess, and not anywhere close to being 600DPI.

So this is what I can still do.

I can still print from my computer.

I can still scan to my computer using MF Scan Utility if I use the feeder.

I do not use any other functions on this printer, I got it from a store that was closing for like 70% off, I was already looking for a printer and couldn't turn down a $600 printer for $150.  I don't fax or use any other office specific functions, I use it as an overpowered home printer.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi BoosedElephant.

From the description of the problem, as well as the output, the one additional thing I can think to check is the printer's wireless signal strength (if being used over a network).  The signal strength should be at least at Good.

>> <Network Information> >> <Wireless LAN Settings> >> <Connection Information> >> <Wireless LAN Status>

If the Wireless LAN Status is good (or if you're using Wired LAN or USB), then ensure your Antivirus is up to date, and not interfering with the signals from the MF726Cdw's scanning elements.

If the above does not correct the issue and you are located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.  Warranty coverage is for one year after the initial date of purchase; a valid proof of purchase may be required as proof of warranty status.  If the printer is outside of the warranty period, then our support may be able to help you find support options in your area.

If you are located outside of the U.S., you may contact your local branch of Canon for support and warranty options.  You may find your local branch's website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements