cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF720C, Copy function not working

mmidyette
Apprentice

I have a MF720C that will not copy.  All other functions (i don't use Fax function) seem to work as designed.

When I try to copy, from platen or feeder, the scan head makes the scan, but the green "Processing / Data" light on the front flashes forever (well, untill I turn the power off, longest has been 30 minutes).  If I press the "Close" or "Cancel" button it returns to the previous screen and flashes "Job in Progress...Wait a moment" and never finishes.

Hitting the "Home" screen button returns to home screen, but unit will not allow another selection due to current Job running.  Only way to abort is to power off.

The only error that displays in the "Copy: Job Log"  refers to turning the power off "#852"

0007Error10/26/2016 02:47:38 PM10/26/2016 03:04:41 PMCopy000 x 0#852

I can scan to computer, or USB, and then print. 

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mmidyette.

I will be glad to assist you with this issue. 

It is recommended that you download and install the printer firmware update from the Canon website.  Please click the link that matches your exact printer model, below, and then select the [Firmware] tab to download the update:

imageCLASS MF726Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

imageCLASS MF729Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

If the issue persists, after installing the firmware update, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mmidyette.

I will be glad to assist you with this issue. 

It is recommended that you download and install the printer firmware update from the Canon website.  Please click the link that matches your exact printer model, below, and then select the [Firmware] tab to download the update:

imageCLASS MF726Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

imageCLASS MF729Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

If the issue persists, after installing the firmware update, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My machine is also doing this. I can send print jobs from my computer and they come out perfect but I cannot copy or scan directly from my machine. It says copying and makes all the appropriate noises and teh processiing light blinks but nothing ever happens. If I scan something the scan job completes but the scan is blank. I have downloaded the lastest drivers from the website but it is possible I am not installing them correctly. 

Hi Katrina1.

If you haven't yet done so, try connecting the printer to your network, and then perform the Firmware Update through the Internet, using the System Management settings on the printer itself.  If there are any faxes in the printer's memory, print or delete them to free up the printer's onboard memory, then try copying again.

Having the same issue as above, if I try to copy or scan the processing light continues to blink until I cancel the action.  Issue started after updating the firmware using the connected to internet option.  If I try to update again, it states the firmware is up to date.

Announcements