cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF656Cdw One toner change and dirty output!

bdb2
Contributor

I recently replaced my very first toner cartridge on this new printer (bought last March) and immediately have black smudges along the left side of every printed page, front and back.  I followed all directions on changing out the cartridge, didn't touch anything BUT the cartridge. I have done the 2 Clean functions from the Maintenance Menu (Fixing Assembly, ITB) with no change. Where do I go from there?  I have to replace a Yellow toner cartridge soon and  would just as soon not start getting Yellow smudges from the moment it is replaced.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did the streaking occur prior to the toner change?  Has toner been spilled inside on the paper path?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Very first toner cartridge, so no streaking prior.  No way to know if toner spilled, as I followed the replacement instructions exactly as described in the Canon cartridge.  I saw no toner on the way in or out.

Post Toner change.  I literally cannot SEE inside the paper path, do you have a suggestion on how to get the toner cartridge drawer out of the way? Every component within the paper path is black, so looking for black toner is a challenge regardless.

Announcements