cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw scans crooked

Manga
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a new MF644Cdw. I'm satisfied with the print quality but I'm having trouble with the scans. The scans are crooked. Not much, about 2 degrees, but you will understand that it is annoying.

Problem that I encountered both with the ADF and placing the document directly on the glass.

What can I do to fix it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Into the ADF I cannot be sure but on the platten glass I'm sure, the paper it's correctly aligned.

Last night I did some tests again, it's crooked about 1°. Not much, on a text document it is not noticed but on tables or documents with horizontal lines it can be noticed.

I also tried on a printer of a competing brand in the office and the result is even worse.

Therefore I deduce that my situation can be considered tolerance by the manufacturer.

I believe I will correct, when I need it, with dedicated software...Smiley Indifferent

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

slinky
Contributor
I should have said the scan sheet holder that sets the width of the paper that you put into the scanner oh, but I think it was self-explanatory. Good luck to everyone else. I still have many crooked scans before discovering this.

johnnygoodface
Apprentice

I found the problem: my printer wasn't on an even surface (wasn't flat). Now my scans are ok. I guess, considering the weight of this machine, that it's sensitive to an uneven surface. Oufff.

rdepew
Apprentice

We relocated to a new house. Still in town. The printer traveled in its original box, in the back seat of a 4-door sedan. Scans were slightly crooked before, more crooked now -- both ADF and platen scans.

I'd love to have a DIY way to adjust this.

Announcements