cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw Printer error 822

hatman
Apprentice

Hello,

I received a printer error 822 when printing to my Canon MF 644 and I have not been successful resolving the problem. How do I fix this error? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Knowing what OS you are using the printer with and how its connected is often helpful information for us.

This error if accurate means the file or the format of what you are trying to print is corrupt, not supported or cannot be correctly interpreted by the printer.

Does this error happen with everything you try to print, or just one document?

What are you printing?

If only one, try printing a replacement of the original file.  If you are printing from a USB stick, try copying the file to your local system and printing from there.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hatman
Apprentice

Thanks shadowsports for the response.

I am using Win10. I was trying to print excel files and word docs.

This problem began this week and the only thing diiferent I had done was get a new router for my att uverse. All other devices operate just fine using the new router.

Also, I did downloaded the most current drivers for the printer but that made no difference.

Hi,

The error message is a communication issue and usually and issue with the file format being set to the printer. Please view the information in the manual at:
https://oip.manual.canon/FAQ01-0002-zz-SSM_n3-enUS/contents/SS740-msg_error-error.html?model=SS740#0...

Does this happen with other programs?

Does this occur when creating new files in Word or Excel  then printing?

Are you printing the files for a USB device using Word or Excel?

What file format are you printing?

Please ensure you are choosing the correct MF644Cdw printer driver (URFII) in the software before printing.

You stated you download the most recent driver. Did you uninstall the driver on the computer before downloading it?

If you can not print from any program in Windows 10, intialize the printer and put it back on the network. You will need your router password for this process.

Initialize Network Setting
<Menu>  <Preferences>  <Network>  <Initialize Network Settings>  <Yes>  <OK> 
Restart the machine by turning off the machine using the Power button. 
Turn back on after 10 seconds.
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-mcn_mng-initialize_set.html#0841_h...

Setting Up Connection by Selecting a Wireless Router
https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-setup-nw-wlesslan-wlessrouter.html...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CalSec
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with only one computer in our office. Any document, be it excel, word, pdf etc, that I print from my computer shows an error 822. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, disconnected and reconnected both computer and printer to the network, and followed the instructions you listed above. Nothing is solving this problem. Other computers in the office are able to print. I'm using an HP computer running windows 11. I have printed with this computer up until yesterday morning, then very suddenly it stopped working. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello CalSec,

The error itself is pointing to a problem with the computer being able to process the file from the computer with the the drivers that are currently installed. If you have already reinstalled the recommend drivers for the printer from our support site and have tried different files from the computer, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist checking what problems the computer is having processing the jobs.

Announcements