cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw Cycles After Printing

slim-chance
Apprentice

Hi,

I am new to Canon, but not laser printers. My previous was an HP MP5, which I bought in 1996. I retired it becasue it is not fully compatible with the current Mac OS.

This brings me to my question. After each time I print from my Mac, the printer sounds as if it's printing another page after the last page lands in the tray, although nothing is actually printing. It's annoying if nothing else. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? Seems like it would add wear and tear to the printer.

TIA

Slim

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Slim-chance,

From what you are describing, it sounds like the standard noises that the printer makes after a print job. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what might be causing the noise and can provide furhter assistance.

Thanks for the reply. I did call a while back and was told that the noise I described was the normal resetting of the ink cartridges. I was just surprised that it goes on for about as long as it takes to print a single page. Otherwise, the printer works just fine.

Announcements