cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW scan to e-mail issue

dhacke
Contributor

I have searched the forum and tried to use the solutions that other people implemented but to no avail. I have tested both an Hotmail account and a Google account, but neither works (and the error message that prints is just "error").

Let's go with Hotmail, since I know Google has higher security protocols. 

I have a color imageclass MF644Cdw running in a Windows 10.

If I go to here:

http://192.168.1.175/sendsupport_email.html

I can enter the email address and SMTP settings.

• Hotmail SMTP server name: smtp.live.com
  • Hotmail SMTP user name: your Hotmail account
  • Hotmail SMTP password: your Hotmail password

It looks like some users have had success adjusting the port:

• Hotmail SMTP port: 25 or 465

But how do I enter that? The interface does not give me the option to do so. Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

MemphisMusic
Apprentice

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF741CDW and also could not get it to scan to email.

I had the error message:  Cannot send e-mails.  E-Mail/IFax Settings are not configured in Remote UI.  For more information, contact the system manager.

First I had to get into Remote UI, which means I needed to enter the printer's IP address into my browser, Google Chrome.  So I walked over to the printer to get the IP address and went to — <Status Monitor>  <Network Information>  <IPv4>  Select the setting to view  Check the settings

I got the printer IP address from there and typed it into the browser.

Once there, I got an error message: Configure a [Remote UI Access PIN], or a [System Manager ID] and [System Manager PIN] on the device.

I walked back over the printer, and went to — <User Management> <System Manager Information Settings>   <System Manager ID and PIN>. 

You have to create a manager ID and a PIN number that can be used to log-in to Remote UI.

Once I created those, I went back to the computer and logged in to Remote UI using those newly created details.

There, the email settings were under TX Settings for email configuration rather than Network Settings, however the Port Number for SMTP was under Network Settings.  For Gmail, I did all of the steps for setting up an App Password described here, however I am not sure if that part is necessary or not, because when I first tried my newly minted App Password, it still did not work, even with the proper port settings and using smtp.gmail.com, and after trying ports 465 (SSL) and 587 (TLS) and everything else I could imagine.

What worked for me is selecting the options: Use TLS for SMTP as well as Verify Certificate, while also using SMTP port 587 under Network Settings  Port Number Settings.

I would note that I had Add CN to Vertification Items turned off when it worked for me.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements