05-23-2018 10:37 AM
I understand an error occurs when you attempt to print with your imageCLASS MF230 series printer. Before we can help you, we will need a little more information about your situation. Could you answer a few questions?
(1) What is the model number of your printer (MF232w or MF236n)? The model number appears near the display screen on the unit.
(2) How are you connecting your printer to your computer, with a USB cable or via your network?
(3) Which version of Windows (Vista, 7, etc.) or Mac OS (10.10, 10.11, etc.) are you using?
(4) Did you use the setup CD that came with your printer to install the drivers on your computer?
(5) Are you able to make a copy after placing a document in your printer then pressing COPY and START on the printer? If you are unable to make a copy, is there an error message displayed on the printer? If so, please list the error message verbatim.
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.