cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642Cdw Scan Error

jw38
Apprentice

I was scanning tax documents to PDF using the MF Scan Utility.  The first two scanned without problem, the first was 2 pages and the second was 3 pages.  The third had 5 pages which all seemed to scan OK, but when I clicked the Exit button, I received Error Code 10_202_20.  Thinking it may have something to do with the number of pages, I repeated the scan of only the first page with the same result.  The error message said to restart the computer which I did, but the error reoccurred.  Following the instructions for clearing errors, I shut off the printer and disconnected the power cord for more than 15 minutes, but the error still occurred. 

My PC is a Dell XPS 8930, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz with 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable) installed RAM with 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.  It's running Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2. The latest Windows update was Update KB4023057 for Windows Update Service components installed on 4-5-2022.

One suggested fix is to try to update the printer firmware.  Before I would do that I'd like to know the firmware version currently in use, but I don't know how to find that.  It seems to me that the scan works OK.  It's just th post scan processing that seems to be broken.  

Any suggestions on how to correct this error. would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements