cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass LBP6230 Printing PDFs very light

truckee5
Apprentice

Any PDF I print is very light. Almost to the point of not being able to read it. This is any PDF from various sources. Word documents print fine. This is occurring on both Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers. I installed the latest drivers from Canon's webpage. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Truckee,

The issue looks like it would be caused by the settings used when printing the PDF or in the program that you are printing from. The hardware should be fine since it is printing other documents without issues. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution to the problem, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What program are you printing the PDF files from?
  2. Did the issue begin after an update or getting any errors?

The PDF's are produced in H&R Block's Tax Software and has been going on for several years. The light parts are the fields containing user input data. The rest of the forms are printed correctly. So, the same form printed on an inkjet printer looks fine. One the Canon printer (and another laser printer) they come out lighter. I suspect it has to do with the fonts used for the fields and the way the inkjet and laser printers process those fonts. Is there a place I can learn about how different printers process the fonts in a PDF?

Thank you for your response. I thought Canon forums didn't like me since I could not receive any e-mails from them.

Announcements