cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Imageclass MF741CDW All in One

slambert082308
Apprentice

The Color Imageclass MF741CDW All in One (that's a joke) has been the absolute worse purchase I have ever made, and I will absolutely never buy another canon product ever! It has never been able to scan to my computer and I haven't even tried the fax feature but the most aggravating things are the fact that every time I print something I have to physically reach over and push the screen after the beep to get it to run and the issue that when I run anything other than normal copy paper through, it runs over the front and back of the entire page and I have to print upside down and right side up to get a full page of what I'm printing!!!! So yes, your product sucks. I am a crafter and an artist and do not have time for this. If possible, I would send back and go back to my trusty HP LaserJet. Never had any problems just wanted a change and boy did I get took.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is this a rant/frustration post or do you actually want some help?

If the latter, we'll need to know:

How and what the printer is connected to

What OS, build and version you are using it with

What drivers you used for install

Observations: Works when you print document type A?, Or not when I print document type B?.  Or works when I print from application A but does not from application B? 

Any troubleshooting steps you performed, observations, what you did, the result, what worked, or what didn't, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This is not just a rant. However, I have once again managed to get it to work again for the time being. It worked great for the first two month I had it and then just all at once, it just started acting up and not printing or not printing well. I do tons of craft and art projects and the main reason I bought this printer was to print high quality images on waterslide paper and other types of craft papers. When I print on anything other than normal copy paper, the colors run and streak down the front and back of the page. I end up printing upside down just to get a full printout. I use a surface pro 7 and normally don't change anything if I can help it. This printer makes me very agitated and nervous, plus, the problems keep me from doing lots of work.

So, yes, a rant/frustration, but I would appreciate the help as well.

Hello Slambert082308,

The the MF741 doe snot support printing on water transfer so you might run into some smudging or print quality issues. For crafting, I would usually suggest a printer like our TS9521C or one of our pro-series printers. To see if there are any media type settings that we can suggest that might help improve the print quality or to suggest which tray to use, please reply to this message with the brand and make of the paper that you have and we can check what settings to suggest to try and address the problem.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements