Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

MF642Cdw Load paper error

This MF6422Cdw is a newly installed machine for my office.  Every time we print we have to select on the machine the paper source as it gives an error of "Load Paper Drawer 1".  There is paper in the tray, it is correctly identified I believe, so I'm not sure what this is about.  Suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MF642Cdw Load paper error

So I'm using the wifi install setup and apparently the driver that was automaticaly installed wasn't working properly or was out of date.  I installed the driver on the disk that came with the printer and it solved this problem.  Not sure how to fix this issue on my mobile devices that use the Canon Print App, because they don't work either, doing the same thing.  Hopefully this helps someone with the same problem.

Product Expert

Re: MF642Cdw Load paper error

Hi, woodmarx1.

If the MF642Cdw isn't working with your mobile device, make sure the app or add-on is up to date. 

You may also wish to check that the printer's firmware is up to date and, if necessary, update it.  Directions may be found through the following page in the Online Manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-mcn_mng-firm_updt.html

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.