cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF634Cdw stopped working after a move

redrock
Apprentice

Had non-Canon toner cartridges that work fine before the move.  After the move Canon said not Canon and would not print (make lots of clinking noise).  Replaced all 4 cartridges with original Canon start ones and the same think is happening.

Time for a new printer?

5 REPLIES 5

redrock
Apprentice

I rushed my description, so here's Canon's message: "Cartridge Communications Error"

A counterfeit or non-Canon cartridge may be in use.

Black

Cyan

Magenta

Tellow

But they are original Canon starter one.

Hello Redrock,

It looks like something is wrong with the hardware on the MF743Cdw or the chips on the toner cartridges that provide the cartridge information. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1800-652-2666. They would be happy to check the hardware to see what is going on or what is going on with the cartridges. If the printer needs service, they can also provide your service options.

If this is a Canon MF743Cdw, I vaguely remember an option to allow the use of non-Canon toner cartridges. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the path that leads to the option, but one does exist.

benjithehammy
Apprentice

Was there ever a resolution to this?? I'm having the same trouble after a move, replaced the cartridges and now it's saying they're "installed incorrectly"....heeeelp

It might be better to open a new topic with as much information as possible to get the ball rolling. 🙂

Announcements