cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF628cw Toner Issues

FirebirdWS62K1
Apprentice
I have had an MF628cw for a few years and we have used it to the point that new toner is required. The problem is that I had an extra set of brand new Canon genuine toner cartridges and replaced them all, yet the printer still says the toner needs to be replaced. I looked through the menus and can't seem to find a place that you need to reset anything related to the toner. For a time we were able to press the warning buttons and continue printing but now the printer has stopped printing altogether. I'm afraid to buy new toner and see the exact same issue, wasting my time and money. Does anyone have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please see this link for mf628cw toner replacement.

There isn't anything special you need to do, however, you must remove the sealing tape, (orange rip cord) and the toner drum cover before installing. 

Have a look and let us know if this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the help Rick.

I had removed the sealing tape and the cover on the drum.

The printer is/was printing properly and the pages that were printing were perfect, becasuse the toner cartridges are new.

The printer display was telling me I had notifications and telling me that the black and magenta were in need of replacement however.  Even though they were new.  Almost like when I replaced the cartridges the printer didn't see that they were new.  The display gave me the option to continue printing and I was doing that but now that option had gone away.

Hi, FirebirdWS62K1.

Was the printer powered off when the toner was replaced?  If it was not powered on, the printer may not have been given the chance to recognize that the toner was replaced.  If it was initially powered off, power it off, remove the toner, power it back on, and then reinsert the toner cartridge while the printer is powered on.

If the above does not correct the problem, or if you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements