cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two identical MF644Cdw units are showing streaks in the exact same spot

bjmcdevitt
Apprentice

I bought the first unit a couple weeks ago, and noticed that all my color scans had a streak on them. You can see it right next to the woman's sholder on the second scan. I received a second identical scanner, and the exact same line appears. I rotated the image, but this from two completely different scanners. Any idea what would be causing this?IMG_0004.jpg

first_scanner.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Scanners print what they "see".  There is no way two units could have the same output unless the same image was being used.

There has got to be something about the scanned image that has an artifact, anomoly, etc.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

So I completely uninstalled the drivers. Reinstalled, and booted up scanner 1 and did some scans. Here's one:IMG_0013.jpg

Completely uninstalled all drivers. Fired up scanner 2 and again installed the drivers and scanned. This is fron the second scanner:IMG_0005.jpg

Hi bjmcdevitt.

Try wiping down both the scanning bed and the originals.  If you're using the document feeder on top of the printer, wipe down the narrow window on the left of the platen.  Also wipe down the area on the lid that faces the scanning area; if the original is too thin, streaks on the backing can show through on scans.

From your examples, it looks like you're scanning CD covers; some media covers are designed with color, pattern, or coating choices to make copying difficult or impossible as a method of dissuading counterfeiting.  You may wish to test scanning with a non-cover images (standard photos or magazine pages).  If you're using the document feeder, try the platen, and vice-versa.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements