cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF6160DW "No Paper" error with paper in tray. "Paper Jam" with no paper jam

zawetzel13
Apprentice

My Imageclass MF6160DW Keeps giving me a "no paper" error with the tray selected and more than half full of paper.  The correct size and weight paper is selected and I have tried removing and reinstalling the tray multiple times. Have also turned the unit off and back on multiple times.  The only solution is to fill the tray to the top and it works again for a few sheets before giving the "no paper" message again.

Second problem is that it gives a "paper jam" error when there is no paper jam at all. Again, the only way to fix the problem was to add more paper to the tray.  This does not always work and would be nice to get these error messages from popping up every day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AgYFRAH72UD2H26
Apprentice

I had the same issue. Called Canon Support at (800) 652-2666 who was extremly helpful. After a thorough investigation the tech figured out that the error message on the printer said NO PAPER: A4. This was being sent by the application on my computer that for some reason was set to paper size A4 when it should be set to paper size LETTER. After changing the page settings to letter, it printed. Might want to check the printer error message on the printer to see if this is your issue. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Clifton
Apprentice

Exact same problem.

Clifton
Apprentice

I figured out the problem. Take out the drawer. There should be a metal "guide" that the drawer "rests" on. In the middle of that guide is a "hump" that runs the width of the guide. That "hump" is supposed to release the tension spring in the drawer. You will see it on bottom of the drawer about 3 to 4" from the front of the drawer. I placed about 1/4" stack of business cards directly under the "hump" between the metal guid and the desk the printer sits on. That will raise the hump enough to trip the tension release and the printer works.

I also called canon and they are sending me a new replacement machine.

mandrake203
Apprentice

I'm so grateful for this post, because I had exact same problem with the exact same model.

After troubleshooting with technical support, the unit is being exchanged for a refurbished unit.

We'll see, but I'm not encouraged with Canon quality so far.  I didn't even have the printer for a week!

AgYFRAH72UD2H26
Apprentice

I had the same issue. Called Canon Support at (800) 652-2666 who was extremly helpful. After a thorough investigation the tech figured out that the error message on the printer said NO PAPER: A4. This was being sent by the application on my computer that for some reason was set to paper size A4 when it should be set to paper size LETTER. After changing the page settings to letter, it printed. Might want to check the printer error message on the printer to see if this is your issue. 

deepboxer
Apprentice

I've had this same exact problem, and I can not get it to go.  Really frustrated.

Hi deepboxer.

I will be glad to assist you!

I will need to gather some more information. Please answer the questions below:

1. Which paper size is displayed on the Standby screen?

2. Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

3. When you open the printing preferences on the computer, which page size is selected?

4.  Are you able to make a copy directly from the glass or feeder?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wmpooler
Apprentice
I have the same problem and used my printer 6 times

anngoebel
Apprentice
Pixma MG 3520 with no paper message with full stack in slot and 2 blinks on error light. Have tried all suggestions in manual w/o success. When print requested the paper moves about 1/4 " and stops. No paper jam seen.What else can I do?
Announcements