cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445dw - Double Side Scanning Through Feeder?

mensan70
Apprentice

So, I need to scan a bunch of double sided docs on my mf4445dw.  Is there a way/setting for this on the canon scan utility?  Can't seem to find one.  If I manually scan via the glass it will ask if I want to add pages.  But via the feeder, it doesn't ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am using Windows 10, and downloaded the latest MF Scan Utility from Canon's website. Your post got me thinking about utility versions, and I found the install CD (which I often don't use because it's out of date by the time I get it). I uninstalled the latest MF Scan Utility and installed the three year old one on the CD. The double-sided option is now there. Go figure.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lisa

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello mensan,

When scanning using the MF scan utility, you can set the scanner to perform two sided scans. In the MF scan Utility, you can click on settings in the lower right hand corner. In settings, you can click on the option for document scan. To the right you will see the option to select the source, you can click on that and select the duplex option for the auto document feeder. When scanning using the operation panel, you can select settings in the scan window and then you can switch the two sided original setting to on. When loading items into the auto document feeder, the scanner will not ask to load the next page, it will scan until it no longer detects any paper in the tray. If the two sided original setting is set to on, it will go through the loaded stack of documents and scan both sides.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this issue as well. Using the MF Scan utility, there is no setting for selecting a source. (Screenshot attached) Screenshot 2021-10-09 102742.pngNot sure where to go from here.

I compared your settings screen capture with mine- and yours does not display the 2-sided option (see my side-by-side screen capture). Is your MF Scan utility up to date- and are you using Windows 10? BTW,  I am having other scanning issues - lack of connectivity with 3rd party scanners (VueScan) and usually have to restart Canon's own MF scan utility twice for it to find the scanner. I think the firmware in the device is buggy and at fault, so Canon needs to fix it.ScreenshotCaptor - 10_13_2021 , 2_43_44 PM.jpg.

I am using Windows 10, and downloaded the latest MF Scan Utility from Canon's website. Your post got me thinking about utility versions, and I found the install CD (which I often don't use because it's out of date by the time I get it). I uninstalled the latest MF Scan Utility and installed the three year old one on the CD. The double-sided option is now there. Go figure.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lisa

Glad that helped- but no clue why the old driver works better than the most recent : )

Hi, may I have the version of MF Scan utility, which got this two sided scan option available?  Hope I can get that older version, somewhere from the WWW.  Please advise,

Thanks, David

asinghvi
Contributor

I am facing the issue with two sided scanning using the control panel on the printer. If we log into the remote UI we can turn on two sided scans to USB. But there is no way to turn on two sided scans to file. Please help. 

I did not realize that 455dw scanned both sides at the same time.  I assumed it was not getting the backside, until I looked at the output.  I expected the unit to scan one side, pull the other side in again, and then recorded the scan.  I am using Wireless.  I was shocked when it also copied that way.  I scan from the computer and had to check the box for two sided scanning. Old Guy

Announcements