cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF269dw will not install via Network Connection

comnenus
Apprentice

I have the latest driver for the MF269dw for Windows 11 (MF260MFDriverV6101WP.zip) and have the printer properly configured for network printing, but the driver will not install.  When I get to selecting USB or Network, the installer cannot locate the printer and I cannot go any further.  Is there a workaround for this?

I know the driver is configured correctly, because it will print from MacOS and I can get basic functionality out of the windows driver.

Is there a way to bypass this check, or get it to work?

4 REPLIES 4

DuraCula
Apprentice

Hello! I am having this same issue. Can print from phone, but printer not located when installing MF driver. Therefore, cannot print from computer. Replying here to bump your question in the forum.

DuraCula
Apprentice

I stopped the MF driver installation from the website all together. Then, went to a document I wanted to print and clicked on add printer and from there I searched for printer and was able to find the MF269, clicked on add printer next to the MF 269 then said it was ready. Was able to just print the document. Hope this helps

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Commenus,

If the printer is working from another device, but the setup on a different device on the network can't find the printer, it will usually point to a network communication issue or security blocking the setup. In this situation, you can start by power cycling your router and when the network is back up, you can try the setup again to see if the printer is detected. If the printer is still not detected, you can try turning off any security software that is running to see if the printer is detected.

If you are still unable to detect the printer, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to see what connection issues are preventing the Windows computer from detecting the printer.

Hi Hector,

I have verified that my firewall is shut off and the printer is online, but the setup program still cannot find the printer, even when I specify the IP.

Is it possible to disable this check and just install the driver and bundled software?

Announcements