cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF269dW misprints envelope addresses

cheryl1960
Contributor

Can anyone tell me how to fix the location of the delivery address on my envelopes?  Bought a new MF269DW in December.  I've never had a printer that doesn't print the address in the right location, but this one wants to print it about an inch from the top of the envelope like it's a letter with a top margin.

Changing the location of the address on the envelope screen doesn't work.

Canon service tech says it's not their drivers or printer, it's Word.  Told them they're the only printer I've used that ever did this.

Help?

14 REPLIES 14

Yes.  I called Canon again and was able to get a tech who wanted to assist me.  We uninstalled the drivers and installed more current drivers.  Unfortunately, the drivers on the CD that comes with the printer were outdated and did not allow for an envelope option in the paper sized.  The tech that I had - and I wish I remember his name - took me through the steps and got me up and running in about 45 minutes or so.  He was very thorough and knowledgeable and agreed that the problem all along was the drivers.

Thanks!  At least there is hope. We have used Canon printers for years and never had this issue.

We changed the print driver and now we can print envelopes that have the return address and sender address in the correct position. 

Shame on Canon for making this so difficult!  Our old Canon printer and my small Canon  ink jet printer never had these issues. 

How??? The guy I got on support had zero idea and once again just said that it had to be a problem in Word, not with the drivers.  Installing the updated drivers from the web had zero effect on this issue.

We had a friend help us and it took several attemps. The driver version that worked was

Canon MF260 Series UFRII Lt

Driver Type 3-User Mode

Driver version30.35.0.0

and once we had that installed, it worked.  It was not an easy process. We had to turn off the printer, reboot compter, etc for it to take effect. 

I hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements