cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF269dW misprints envelope addresses

cheryl1960
Contributor

Can anyone tell me how to fix the location of the delivery address on my envelopes?  Bought a new MF269DW in December.  I've never had a printer that doesn't print the address in the right location, but this one wants to print it about an inch from the top of the envelope like it's a letter with a top margin.

Changing the location of the address on the envelope screen doesn't work.

Canon service tech says it's not their drivers or printer, it's Word.  Told them they're the only printer I've used that ever did this.

Help?

14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Word > Mailing menu > Envelopes

Then the Options button.  Return Address section, from top...  Remove "Auto" and use 0.25 or less.

Note:  If you are using a non-standard custom font it might affect where printing begins.  

Word.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, but it's not the return address (our envelopes are pre-printed).  It's the delivery address.  I've tried moving it and no luck.

Hi cheryl1960.

Ensure the envelope is loaded correctly, and that the paper guides are closed around the outside.

Load Envelope

paper guides

Also ensure the correct envelope size is selected when printing both on the printer (drawer / multipurpose tray) and in the program from which you're printing.  Different envelope sizes have their own respective print areas, and selecting an incorrect size may cause misaligned printing.  All supported paper and envelope sizes may be found here in the MF269dw's Online manual.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius,

Thank you, but I have the envelopes in correctly.  I have the MP tray labeled for No. 10 envelope.

I have never had a printer did not allow me to simply put the envelopes in and print.

I call Tech support when it first happened, sat on hold for 30+ minutes, and was told by the tech that it wasn't Canon's problem, nor was it their drivers.  The problem was with my software that was creating the envelopes.  So, the other Canon printer that I had, the Epson printer that I had, and the Hp printer that I had were able to print envelopes, but for some reason this one wont.

I just tried to call tech support and was looking at over an hour wait.  I am a paralegal in a busy office and can't sit on my phone for an hour to have someone tell me it's not their problem.

So, I will probably have to return the printer if I can't get an answer.

Thanks for trying, but I'm beginning to think I should have stayed with Hp which I've had for 25+ years.

Hi cheryl1960.

All of the checks and tests have been through the same program: changing the paper size/type settings, both on the printer itself and in the printer's driver; ensuring the size of loaded envelope matches the size selected; and loading the envelopes in the correct orientation and with the paper guides set accordingly. 

Unless the size/type of envelope to which you're printing is different from the size you've set on the printer, the only remaining point of issue is the software.  The MF269dw is only able to print using the instructions sent to it by the computer.  Try printing the envelopes from a different program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius,

Thanks, but I don't have another program on my computer from which I can print evelopes except WOrd.

I have had 4 other printers on this computer, and none of them have a problem with the setup.

The program handling this is the Canon MF260 Utility UFRII LT.  Is it possible that I need to update a driver?

I cannot find anywhere that I can change any envelope settings in Word except the print dialog box, and I've never had to change any print settings for any other printer.

I'm out of ideas....

Hello again cheryl1960.

All of the latest Canon-released drivers may be found at the MF269dw's Drivers & Downloads page.  If the UFR II LT isn't working for you, you may wish to try the PCL6 driver.

Above in the thread, Shadowsports provided directions for reaching the Envelope Options in Microsoft Word.  The screenshot included shows an Envelope size setting.  Check that setting in your Microsoft Office software.

If you're using "Office.com," ensure your browser's print settings are not conflicting with the Microsoft Office settings.

Hello to you, too.

Even when I changed the location of the delivery address in the Word envelope options dialog box, it didn't make any difference.

I will try the PCL 6 driver and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Did you ever figure this out, I'm having the same issue.  I have been printing envelopes out Canon MF's for over a decade, I can't rectify the top margin.  It isn't a setting Word setting as it was working fine last month with my other Canon MF, same computer and document.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements