cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF242DW - Unable to install software

gkapur77
Apprentice

I am unable to install the software for MF242DW.  Error states insufficient privledge , however i am the admin of the machine. 

I can connect to printer however for scanner i need the software 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Admin of the machine... is it Windows or MAC?

Version?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings,

operating system is Windows 10 

Greetings,

These are the drivers I'd use:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTAxNTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

This is a self extracting ZIP.

Try downloading and running this file.

if ths doesn't work and something in your environment is keeping you from running the installer, do the following.

Delete the file downloaded previously.

Download a fresh copy and save it to your Desktop.

Right-Click on the file and select rename from the context menu.  Append the file extension from .exe to .zip

MF242dwMFDriverV710W64usEN.zip

Now Right-Click on the file you renames and select extract all.

Now drill down on the new folder > Drivers > us-eng > 32bit or 64bit (depending on which version of windows you have).

Then run Setup and follow the prompts.

Hint: If you cannot see the file extension .exe, use the View menu and enable file name extensions check box.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Still getting the error - "You do not have sufficient privledges to install the program. Log on again with administrator privledges.".

I have logged in as admin only. 

Please suggest how i can resolve this issue.

Announcements