cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF227DW - beep and then drop print job

alexinsj
Apprentice

Hi, I have an MF227DW that I use as a network printer from Windows 10 or MacOS. Some print jobs fail repeatedly with the printer beeping and then cancelling the print job without error message on the printer. This has been going on for years, I've seen this issue countless times in web searches as "imageclass XXX beeps but no print" and similar. None of the discussions had a good explanation, most of them just had generic advice like "Get the latest printer driver" or "Reset the printer". This happens randomly for different jobs, from different computers, both Win and Mac.
Is there any way to get a more detailed error report from the printer or the driver? It seems the printer doesn't like the job for some reason, it would be nice to see if a. the data is corrupted, b. size is too big, c. some incompatible setting like paper size, d. network issue, or something else.
Any other recommendation is appreciated. I'm ready to buy another printer, but I don't dare to buy another Canon, seeing that this beep/no print issue even happens in late model printers.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Alexinsj,

The issue that you are describing points to a drop in network communication. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. Does the printer start to make noise or show you on the display that it is processing before the job drops?
  2. Does the job stay in the print queue on the computer when this happens?
  3. How far is the printer from the wireless router?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements