cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Toolbox Windows 10 Canon MF6160dw

klb0713
Apprentice

Help! My scanner isn't working anymore. It was working fine when I left for work yesterday morning and when I got home last nght and tried to work my other job, it kept coming up with the message of:

A supported scanner is not installed. Please install a supported scanner, and then restart Toolbox.

Anyone else having this problem? I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it still doesn't work! I need the scanner to send documents!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi klb0713.

So that we can best assist you, we will need some more information. Please answer the questions below:

1. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network?

2. Did you install the scan patch before reinstalling the MF Toolbox?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

klb0713
Apprentice
Hello Patrice,

It was connected via a UPS cable and yes, I installed the scan patch before reinstalling MF Toolbox. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole printer!

Thank you for your reply.

Please move the USB cable to another open port on your computer, and then try the scan again. 

If you still continue to experience an error, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements