cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Scan utility not working on MF643CDW

rovi639
Apprentice

Hello,

I just got a new laptop w/ Windows Home 11. I installed the driver and MF Scan Utility software. The printer prints just fine but it won't scan documents when connected via a USB cable or wirelessly. I get the standard error msg stating "Cannot communicate with scanner...... Cable may be disconnected......"

Please help with any known workarounds.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rovi639,

If you can print but can't scan, it will usually point to a setting issue or something blocking the scanner connection. In this situation, you can try turning off any security software and then trying a scan again to see if you get the same error. If you do, you can leave the security software off and you can try reinstalling the [Windows 64bit] MF643Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic Plus PCL6 / ScanGear) using the link HERE. The error you mention looks like the software is set to the USB connection so I would suggest trying the network option for the setup to see if it resolves the issue.

If you continue to have issues with scanning, I would suggest checking the Canon support site for your specific country for any additional support options. Unfortunately, the MF643 is not a US model and I would not have any support options for the printer.

Announcements