cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw envelope printing issue.

SAGECV1524
Apprentice

0.jpgJust picked up the Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw and so far so good. One of the only issues I'm coming across is that its printing the mailing info on the wrong side of the envelope. I load the tray correctly (face down with the flap to the left) and every time I try it, I get prints on the wrong side. No matter what I do, I can't get it to print on the face of the envelope. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Sagecv1524,

When loading envelopes into the MF642Cdw, you will need to load the envelope so the side that will be printed on is facing up. The side that shows up in the image you posted that has the print on it will need to be facing down.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hector,

The envelope gets jammed when it is fed in the the way you provided, the instructions on the printer instructs me to place the envelope with its flap up and to the left.   

Hello Sagevic1524,

If the paper is jamming when you load it the other way, You can review the steps in the link found HERE to make sure all it is being loaded properly or to try loading the envelope in the multipurpose  tray.

If you continue to have problems loading the envelopes, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist and can provide any service options if needed.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I always load / print envelopes from the multi-purpose tray if that's any help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements