cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 8280 C Won't start up

Dunkman66
Apprentice

I own an Imageclass MF 8280 C or Cm I really can't tell.

I have been using it for about two yeras.

I don't print tons on it. Basically 10-20 paychecks a week and various forms and personal stuff.

Once or twice a year I will run a couple of 100 copies of forms.

The Problem:

Lately I have been turning it on. The printer shows the booting window. Canon logo.

Then when it normally is supposed to kick in it just shuts down.

Nothing happens.

If I wait, it sometimes will kcik on again after like 5 - 10 minute wait.

I've tried unplugging it from the wall for 20 minutes.

This appeared to work the first time I tried it but won't tun on again now.

Currently if I turn it off then back on a few times it seems like it will eventually kick in and I can print.

I'm leaving it on full time to try and preserve it for as long as possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Dunkman66.

Have you tried plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet on an opposite wall, or using another power cord? Normally a power cord that works with a desktop computer will work with the printer. If neither of the above solutions resolve the issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). We will be glad to continue troubleshooting the issue with you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I did both of the above.

It worked the first time I tried it but not the second.

So yes I tried a new cable. 

I tried a new outlet, directly into the wall, and I tried unplugging it for 20 minutes and then re-plugging it in.

We have tried the phone number and sat on hold for half an hour just to be told by the guy that picked it up we were on the wrong line for the MF 8280 C and that he would have to put us back into the queue.

Then we hung up.

Announcements