cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 743 will only print test page wirelessly

plumbersean
Apprentice

I have an MF 743 that would print wirelessly with no problem other than always having to manually select paper tray.  now it will print test page wirelessly but nothing else.  I was going to attempt to reinstall/update drivers but I see that is currently not an option as the Canon site is down.
Any recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi plumbersean.

While the Canon U.S.A. website is undergoing maintenance, compatible drivers may be downloaded from the Canon Canada website:  https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app

If the problem persists after reinstalling, double-check that the print settings on the computer match the settings on the printer itself.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I can print a test page but cannot print any kind of document. I reinstalled the software from Canon's website...not sure what is meant by this suggestion: "double-check that the print settings on the computer match the settings on the printer itself."

Hello Lgillespie22,

If you are able to print a test page, but you can't print from your program, it will usually mean the program that you are printing from has the wrong printer selected or, there are multiple connections for the printer in your printer list and some of the connections are not active. In this situation, you can try printing from your program and checking the printer list to make sure the correct printer is selected and the printer only appears once in the printer list. 

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What program are you printing from?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
Announcements