cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB5420 Support Code B504

Keith63
Apprentice

My printer (Maxify MB5420) was working fine a couple of days ago. Canon had an update that I performed. I tried printing this morning and that error code B504 will not go away. I have brand new cartridges in the printer and I have tried a hard reset but nothing works. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this? I am a student with midterms coming up. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Keith63,

The B504 error points to a problem with the hardware and will usually mean the printer needs service. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If that does not resolve the issue, it would mean the printer needs service, you can check your service options by contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or logging into your MyCanon account.

The issue could also be caused by a third party tank causing an issue with the ink flow. There is a service notice on our support site. 

So, is there a next step, such as manually replacing print cartridges?     Can a user do anything to further investigagate B504 error code?

Announcements