cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 Won't Let Me Replace Ink Cartridge

anitaleazier
Apprentice

The yellow cartridge is empty but not allowiing me to replace it.  I deep cleaned it 2x and it still is not letting me do anything.  It had a question mark above the yellow cartridge but when I open the door it does not go to the yellow one to be replaced. 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Anitaleazier,

If the yellow ink tank shows a ? for the ink level, the printer is having problems detecting the ink level of the tank. The printer would move the tank to the changing position once it detects the ink is low. In this situation, I would suggest opening the printer and checking the inside left where the ink sits to check if the yellow is pushed all the way into it's slot or if it is leaking. If it is, You can try pushing it in so it is fully seated.

If that does not resolve the issue, It looks like there is something wrong with the tank or the printer's hardware. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, You can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the hardware and provide any service options.

1. What is the model number for the yellow tank and which company was it made by?
  2. Does the yellow tank appear to be leaking or not seated properly?

Announcements