cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser Waterslide Decals - color laser printer - try Manual Tray, LTR paper, Coated 3 settings

vphbaker
Apprentice

I am using a MF743 color laser printer to print out waterslide decals.   After wasting a bunch of decal sheets I found that when I used the following paper size and paper type settings I could print out fantastic looking waterslide decals where the print was  bonded to the decal surface.   I printed the decals using the manual tray, letter paper size, and "Coated 3"  paper type selection (56-73 lb bond paper weight).   I found that the printed image was not bonded as tightly as what I get when I used the same decal paper with a Xerox type printer.  If you scraped hard enough you could remove the "ink".  But, I always clear coat my finished hobby project so that will reslove that deficiency.   I hope this helps the hobby folks out there trying to find an alternative to inkjet printed decals.    Laserjet printed decals are so much easier to work with!   

1 REPLY 1

bag707
Apprentice

I have the Canon MF642C. I've been trying to print waterslide decals for weeks now with so many wasted sheets. The print out would come out all messed up. I called Canon help and they were perplexed. Today I decided to give it another try. I bought more sheets and decided to look for more ideas on the net. Until I saw your post. Thank you!!! The coated 3 setting worked. But, the colors aren't crisp. What quality setting did you set the printer on? Mine is on graphics.

Announcements