cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP622C/623C Paper Selection

david_l
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with my LBP622C/623C which I can't seem to figure out.  I have US Letter paper loaded in the paper tray (the one that slides out)  and the display shows both correct size and that its loaded with paper.  Every time I go to print a letter sized document the printer says "No Paper LTR: Plain 1" (see image).  I have to select 1 (which is the paper drawer) and then it works fine.  I have looked through all of the settings and can't find which one needs to be changed.  I've even disabled the multipurose tray and it still does it.IMG_6234.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi david_l.

The screenshot you provided indicates you're using IPP Drivers for the printer. Try removing that printer entry, then reinstalling using one of the UFR II drivers found on the LBP622Cdw Drivers & Downloads Page.

If your printer is an LBP623Cdw, then you will need to use the Canon Global website's map to find your region, and download the drivers from that website.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have you looked at the paper settings in the Printer Driver?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes.  I have tried that both through the windows printer properties and through the remote managment software.  I just tried disabling the multipurpose tray in Windows by setting it to "not available" but still had the issue.

Annotation 2019-12-23 113402.png

Hi david_l.

The screenshot you provided above shows the Printer Properties window.  What is set for the paper type and source in the Printing Preferences settings (Paper Source tab)?

Annotation 2019-12-23 145852.png

Hi david_l.

The screenshot you provided indicates you're using IPP Drivers for the printer. Try removing that printer entry, then reinstalling using one of the UFR II drivers found on the LBP622Cdw Drivers & Downloads Page.

If your printer is an LBP623Cdw, then you will need to use the Canon Global website's map to find your region, and download the drivers from that website.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks.

Thank you for this.  I'd been cursing this printer for months owing to the same problem.

I had allowed Windows 10 to select the driver automatically.

did not help at all. Linux install and made the changes suggested but problem persists. Called in to support and they were the rudest people.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ATP,

Unfortunately, Linux is not a supported operating system for the printer. The drivers are provide as is on our support site and we are unable to help with the installation of the drivers. This error is usually caused by the driver not sending the proper paper size information to the printer. Support would only be able to assist with the driver installation on Mac and Windows computers.

Announcements