cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent MF4770n printer document feeding

epags
Apprentice

I have two MF4770n printers purchased in 2013.  Recently the auto feeders on both are failing to pick up documents (whether one page or multiple pages).  I can hear the rollers trying but they seem unable to move the document beyond an inch or so.  When I opened the feeder cover and touched the gray foam rollers they seem dry.

Is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Epags,

From what you are describing, it looks like the rollers need to be cleaned or there is something wrong with the hardware. You can try opening the feeder using the steps in the link HERE and then wiping the exposed rollers with a damp cloth, once the rollers have been wiped, you can try scanning again to see if the paper feeds properly.

If that does not resolve the issue, it will mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to check your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Epags,

From what you are describing, it looks like the rollers need to be cleaned or there is something wrong with the hardware. You can try opening the feeder using the steps in the link HERE and then wiping the exposed rollers with a damp cloth, once the rollers have been wiped, you can try scanning again to see if the paper feeds properly.

If that does not resolve the issue, it will mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to check your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. 

Announcements