cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF743Cdw - wont continue scanning after clearing a paper jam in the feeder

meadnl89
Apprentice

Hello, 

I recently purchased the Imageclass MF743Cdw and am trying to utilize the scanner tonight. One of my documents, in a multi-document packet, jammed about half way through the scanning process. After following the prompts on the screen to clear the jam, the scan job did not resume. I ended up having to restart the scan job. If it jams again i will probably be in the same position as before. 

Does anyone know of a way to prevent the printer from stopping the scan job when the feeder jams? 

Quick Note - I am utilizing the remote scan feature from my pc. I have not tried to start the scan job from the printer's touch screen. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Normally, a jam terminates the current operation.  

Things you can try:

Ensure the feeder guides are set to the appropriate paper width

Do not overload the tray, the ADF supports up to 50 sheets 

The pages to be fed and scanned need to be in relatively good condition.  (free from tears, rips and wrinkles)

Ensure the fed pages are neatly stacked and aligned

If there are several, try fanning them before inserting into the ADF

Check the ADF for obstructions, dirty rollers, etc.

Thats about all you can do.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi! It will not resume after a jam in the automatic document feeder. You will have to start over. This will applies remotely and with printer operational panel. Hope this helps!

Announcements