cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF733cdw Scanner not connecting to computer

cpratt43205
Apprentice

I have an imageclass MF733cdw.  I have been using for months no, with no issues.  I am suddenly unable to scan to my computer.  I have read several posts regarding Windows 10 update causing the problem, however, the fixes I have read have not helped my problem.

I have Windows 10. 

Use imageclass MF733cdw through network connection.

I havde removed the device, removed all drivers, reinstalled drivers, both the factory disk and the newer version online but still fails to connect.  I have tried using Windows fax and scan utility, and it connects, but has horrendous results scanning (looks like a child used "White-Out" in half the document.

Additionally, I would prefer to use Canon scan utility over Microsoft as it allows me to scan from the printer itself, and I do not have to be at my keyboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi cpratt43205!

Since you are able to use the Windows Fax and Scan software, there may be a TWAIN driver conflict that is causing the issue with the MF Scan Utility. Please follow the steps at the link below to check for a conflict:

Move non-Canon TWAIN Files from the TWAIN_32 Folder

Please leave the MF730 Series and WIA.ds files in the folder. If you still experience an error, or need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi cpratt43205!

Since you are able to use the Windows Fax and Scan software, there may be a TWAIN driver conflict that is causing the issue with the MF Scan Utility. Please follow the steps at the link below to check for a conflict:

Move non-Canon TWAIN Files from the TWAIN_32 Folder

Please leave the MF730 Series and WIA.ds files in the folder. If you still experience an error, or need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wastedtime
Apprentice
Holy cow, the amount of time that questions on here go unanswered/unsolved is RIDiCULUS!!

SOLVED: for Can't Scan/ error message "Connect to Computer" on MAC with MF743 (came problem, many models)

OPEN **CANON MF SCAN UTILITY** FILE

***CLICK ON THE CHECKED SCANNER TO HIGHLIGHT IT***

OPEN SYSTEM PREFERENCES /PRINTER AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ***THE CORRECT PRINTER OR SCANNER*** SELECTED

CLICK ON "SCAN" BUTTON, THEN "OPEN SCANNER" BUTTON

OR IF YOU SEE PRINTER FAX SCANNER categories listed with printer names underneath(each): SELECT THE SCANNER ON THE LEFT AND CLICK "OPEN SCANNER" ON THE RIGHT

***NOTE YOU MUST HAVE BOTH THE CANON MF SCAN UTILITY CHECKED BOX HIGHLIGHTED AT THE SAME TIME THE OPEN SCANNER IS CLICKED.***

THEN A SCANNER WINDOW OPENS.

SELECT YOUR SCAN MODE, KIND RESOLUTION, SIZE, ORIENTSATION, SCAN TO LOCATION, NAME YOUR FILE, SELECT FILE FORMAT, CHECK BOX FOR MULTIPLE PAGES INTO ONE DOCUMENT.

HIT SCAN

VOILA!

FIND YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENT IN THE LOCATION YOU SCANNED IT TO, AND CLICK TO OPEN IT.
Announcements