cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF4770n intermittent problems

SmokieT
Apprentice

I've had my ImageClass MF4770n for a while now and for the most part has been a good machine.

I have the printer set up on the network so is connected directly to my router.  I have had this issue on several versions of Windows ranging from Vista to Windows 10.

Every once in a while there is a problem when printing to it, the documents show up in the print queue but do not print.. There are never any errors or anything to indicate what the problem is. Sometimes turning it off and then back on will solve the problem. When that doesn't work I delete the print job and try again. That does not work most times. To save time I then switch to my local printer and move on. This is not a good option if I am prining anything more than 10 pages because the one connected to my PC is an inkjet and well, the laster if fater and toner is cheaper than ink.

I have also tried resolving the issue by uninstalling the printer and reinstalling from scratch. This seems to help but the problem does eventually come back.

I have ran Windows troubleshooting and it never finds a problem. Someone suggested maybe my firewall is blocking my connection to the printer but I can see no evidence of that. 

Does anyone have any suggestions to better troubleshoot the problem? 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Smokie T,

If you are able to print from a local computer but have problems accessing the network printer, it could be caused by a drop in network communication. In that situation, I would suggest clearing any jobs in the print queue and the unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try printing again to see if it starts to communicate.

If you are still unable to print, you can try checking the printer's IP address using the steps in the link provided HERE. On your computer, you can open a web page and enter the ip address to see if you can get to the network page for the printer. If you are unable to get to the page, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting your computer from the network. If you are able to get to the page, you can try turning off any firewall software and you can try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements