cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF260: How do i use coded dial when scanning to email?

brucezieper
Apprentice

I have used all 4 of the (not very generous - why only 4 one touch - and it takes several touches to get to one touch, so why call them one touch?) One Touch entries - but i have several more emails i frequently scan and send to...  So I am trying to use the Address Book: Coded Dial list.  I've entered 001 and 002 in the web UI, but can't figure out how to call them up from the the printer's (astonishly poor) LCD touch panel.

While i like the price and quality, i can't get over how BAD the user interface is on this brand new ImageClass MF260.  I also cant get over the lack of documentation - i got a 30 page book in 5 languages to plug it in - but Im googling to figure out anything more difficult.  Is there a comprehensive feature manual somewhere???

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi Hi Brucezieper,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

I have provide information from the manual regarding sending a fax using coded dial and one touch dial. I have also provided the link to the page in the manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3281-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS260_fax_0128.html

1.  Place the original(s) to me faxed.

2.  Select <Fax> in the Home screen. Home Screen.

3.  Press button with turned equal sign.
If the destinations set by the previous user are still selected, this can cause transmission errors. Always reset the settings before sending.

4.  Specify the destination.

A.  Specifying from Address Book

B.  Specifying from Coded Dial Numbers
Three-digit numbers (coded dial numbers) are assigned to addresses in the Address Book. You can specify an address simply by entering its coded dial number.
To use coded dial numbers, the destination must be registered in the Address Book beforehand. Registering Destinations
      1.  Select <Destination>  <Specify from Coded Dial>.
      2.  Enter a three-digit number.
If you have entered an incorrect value, use  to clear it.
Note:
If a confirmation screen appears
When <One-Touch/Coded Dial TX Confirmation> is set to <On>, a screen is displayed that shows the destination and the name for the number. (For Group Dial, the group name and the number of destinations are shown.) Check the contents and if everything is correct, select <OK>. To specify a different destination, select <Cancel> and then re-enter the three-digit coded dial number. Displaying Destinations in Address Book
Tips:
If a coded dial number is selected from <Coded Dial> in the Home screen, the Fax Basic Features screen can be displayed while the selected destination remains being specified.

C.  Specifying from One-Touch
      1.  Select <Destination>  <Specify from One-Touch>.
      2.  Select a destination.

If a confirmation screen appears
When <One-Touch/Coded Dial TX Confirmation> is set to <On>, a screen is displayed that shows the destination and destination name registered to the one-touch button. (For Group Dial, the group name and the number of destinations are shown). Check the contents and if everything is correct, select <OK>. To specify a different destination, select <Cancel> and then select the one-touch buttons again.

If you select any of <One-Touch 1> to <One-Touch 4> in the Home screen, the Fax Basic Features screen can be displayed while the selected destination remains being specified.

D.  Entering Destinations Directly

Adding a destination
To send a fax to multiple destinations at a time (sequential broadcast), repeat the appropriate steps to enter all destinations.
You can also recall previously used destinations. Recalling Previously Used Settings for Sending (Recall Settings)
To delete destinations
If you specified multiple destinations, you can delete destinations as necessary.

5.  Specify the scanning settings as necessary.

6.  Press button Start button.

If you continue to have difficulties and need help with Remote UI, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but I'm trying to use the function to scan and EMAIL, not send a FAX (it is 2020 after all!). Does this function work for emails?

Hello brucezieper,

The scan to email doesn't use coded dial because you are sending an email.  You will need to enter an email address to send the scanned documents.  I have provided a condensed version of the steps from the manual regarding specifying E-mail settings. I have also provided the link to the page in the manual that has more details:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3281-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS260_scan_0173.html

1. Place the original(s).
2. Select <Scan> in the Home screen.
3. Select <E-Mail>.
4. Specify the destination, and configure the scan settings as necessary.
5. Specify the subject, message, reply-to address, and priority for the e-mail.

6. Press the Start button. Scanning of the original starts.

If you want to cancel, select <Cancel> -> <Yes>. Canceling Sending Documents

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements