cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass LBP6230dw laser Wireless not recognized on Mac Mavericks

Juney
Apprentice

Hello,

First time Canon purchaser. Just got my new ImageClass LBP6230dw wireless laser printer. Connected to my Mac OSX with Mavericks operating system. Downloaded required software from Canon online. After installing everything, all printing works perfectly (recognized in print utility when USB is plugged in... however, when I unplug the USB port, the print utility shows printer now OFFLINE or sometimes it is not even recognized - therefore cannot print anything because it no longer shows.

I want to print wirelessly.

I have everything setup in regards to my wireless setup assistant - all network wifi-address is correct, WPA security is set, etc.

Also, the wifi blue light on the printer remains lit when I unplug the USB so that is okay. But cannot figure why unplugging the USB cable into the computer port is problematic.

Help appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21

I'm having the same problem.  Tried the solution but unable to get it to work.  It says "Unable to connect to 192.168.1.101 due to an error"

Please advise a solution.

I am having the same problem. How do I find my IP address on the canon printer? I am trying to go through the steps. 

I did the network tool and it went through but when I print it says not connected. It prints find using the USB but not wireless. 

Announcements