cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF264dw driver module cannot be installed

Ricola
Apprentice

I have a Canon ImageCLASS MF264dw printer. When I tried to install the MF260MFDriverV6101WP module, a message “device cannot be found” pops up when you have to select the device.

I tried to install it via network connection. I can print using the network. I can ping computer and printer respectively (worked both ways - they can communicate  for the pings).

First, deleted all Canon files through Control Panel - Uninstall program. Then, I tried to install the module the normal way and “Run as Administrator”. For all attempts the firewall and the antivirus were disabled. The result is the same – device cannot be found. Also, tried with the IP address for the printer and again “device cannot be found”

The reason, why I tried to reinstall the driver module, is to try to fix/eliminate/remove the message “Selected paper size is larger than physical scanning area. Cropping will occur” when I was scanning.

The printer is on the network. It is on Wireless LAN. Turned off and on both printer and laptop numerous times without result. The laptop is with Windows 11 and I downloaded the driver module from the canon support site.

What should be done to be able to install the driver module?

Thank you in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ricola,

If the MF264dw is on the network and the computer, is not detecting it, it would usually point to a network communication issue or something blocking the setup. If you have already disabled the computer's security software and the setup is still unable to locate the printer on the network, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the network environment and to check if anything is preventing the computer from detecting the printer properly.

Announcements