cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Manager ID/PIN on imageCLASS MF6160dw?

rkon
Apprentice

I don't remember what I set my manager ID and PIN to on my printer; how do I reset them (or factory reset the whole printer if that's what's required)?

It is an imageCLASS MF6160dw

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi rkon,

The factory default System Manager ID and password is 7654321 for both ID and password.  If this was changed, We will be happy to provide you with the steps to reset the printer.  Please contact our Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), 8A-8P EST, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).  The support representative can perform a printer reset after you provide proof of purchase.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through it.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi rkon,

The factory default System Manager ID and password is 7654321 for both ID and password.  If this was changed, We will be happy to provide you with the steps to reset the printer.  Please contact our Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), 8A-8P EST, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).  The support representative can perform a printer reset after you provide proof of purchase.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through it.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same question for Canon imageCLASS LBP612CDW Color Laser Printer. Will this process work on my printer?

Thanks 

Mel 

Hi msinkler.

Yes, you will need to contact our telephone support group and they will be able to assist you with resetting the information. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

tommyznguyen
Apprentice

I have imageclass mf641cw. I dont know if it will help yours, but worth a shot. i press/release volume button. then tap/press the Red or Stop or Exit button 5 times. then press volume button again. it should bring up a screen that ask for ID. put in 43810. hit apply. then hit Yes to install and its reset.

Thank you!  Works for MF656CDW.

Announcements