cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop double sided or 2-sided printing on my Canon MF8300C

frose530
Apprentice

I saw some replies for another MF series printer, but the instructions did not make sense to me.  I have gone through EVERY possible option in the print dialog boxes.  I think this is something set on the printer itself somehow.  

THe weird thing is that on my old computer with the same printer, I had an option in the Print dialog box for "Finishing."  That allowed me to specify (and obviously I could save that setting in a preset).  But, with my new computer and new download of the drivers, etc., "Finishing" is not on the drop down menu.  I do see Basic (which someone mentioned in a post), but that doesn't deal with 2 sided printing.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Cameron

48 REPLIES 48

Went through the steps and it worked!

Thanks gcervo for this.  However, this does not work my my MF733CDW printer.  There is no such option listed.  I can get to the administration menus, however nothing works.

Canon, you should be ashamed of your products with this.  I can't believe the poor quality of your products and support.  I have been on hold waiting for well over an hour this time - and this is the third attempt.  I've never ever been able to contact anyone.  This is not documented anywhere, and yet it's a known issue.  It's unfortunate that Canon is tarnishing the name and reputation with shoddy development and non-existent support such as this.  I suppose Canon finally got removed from my "approved vendors" list.  You know it's bad when Dell support is better than you, and you've hit that mark squarely Canon.

Hi there, I keep trying to change defaults using this CUPS thing, and it asks for a login.  I've used my computer login, my printer login, and even called my work's support line to get them to try the administrator login for my system.  I've tried 3 different browsers.  None of them work!!!!  ACK......so....... close.........  But, still can't change my defaults.  I'm on a Mac on Big Sur operating system v 11.1.  Any advice?

Doesn't work with MacOS 11 and MF445dw: General has only a Page Size drop down -- no Print Style menu.

EDIT: Print Style is in the FInishing section (not General). Setting it to 1-sided Printing, and then clicking Set Default Options underneath and entering my MacOS login, changed the setting there, but (after a power cycle) didn't change the behavior of the printer. I still can't get 1-sided printing.

I have an iMac and just upgraded to Calalina v 10.15.7.  Previously my OLD Imageclass D480 worked fine, but after the upgrade it only printed double sided.  I knew it was the driver, as I can copy single sided just fine.  I realize this post is about a different printer, but the instructions worked!!  i had to poke around a little bit as the layout of the utility is a little different, but I found it and am delighted that my 13 year old printer is alive and well.  gcervo, thank you very much for sharing this info, I have spent hours on this before I saw your post.

Try this: WIndows 10 OS

• Settings > Devices >  Canon MF8300C > Manage > Printer Properties >  Advanced > Printing Defaults > Finishing > Print Style (Choose 1-sided Printing) > Apply > OK

It worked for me; hope it works with yours.

Cheers!

Artnkman, thank you! Have been dealing with this issue for a year + on Win 10

Thanks. this helped me also.............eugene

I am not sure if it is because i am running macOS 10.13.2 or if it is because the drivers arent correct but when i attempt to click on the settings in the layout I cant adjust them... Another thing that i noticed is there isnt a way to add more layouts if i so chose. Unclear if the issue is the mac side or if it is maybe a printer side. But i also notice my printer is MF216n model so unclear if my model has double sided printing.

I am not sure if it is because i am running macOS 10.13.2 or if it is because the drivers arent correct but when i attempt to click on the settings in the layout I cant adjust them... Another thing that i noticed is there isnt a way to add more layouts if i so chose. Unclear if the issue is the mac side or if it is maybe a printer side. But i also notice my printer is MF216n model so unclear if my model has double sided printing.

Announcements