cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop double sided or 2-sided printing on my Canon MF8300C

frose530
Apprentice

I saw some replies for another MF series printer, but the instructions did not make sense to me.  I have gone through EVERY possible option in the print dialog boxes.  I think this is something set on the printer itself somehow.  

THe weird thing is that on my old computer with the same printer, I had an option in the Print dialog box for "Finishing."  That allowed me to specify (and obviously I could save that setting in a preset).  But, with my new computer and new download of the drivers, etc., "Finishing" is not on the drop down menu.  I do see Basic (which someone mentioned in a post), but that doesn't deal with 2 sided printing.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Cameron

48 REPLIES 48

great, Now how do i get the copier to stop printing double sided no matter what i feed it? I need to copy bulk single side to single side why is this function in all other brands expect canon?

Hi errolsingh

You can select 1-Sided> in the copy mode screen to allow for only one side.  Please click HERE for general steps.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I figured it out but forgot that I had posted this question. The machine default is set to print single-sided. Choosing the first option on the machine will give you single-sided to double-sided, the second option is double-sided to double-sided. This is why I was getting double-sided prints all the time. To get single to single make sure the machine is in the default (reset button)

I figured it out but forgot that I had posted this question. The machine default is set to print single-sided. Choosing the first option on the machine will give you single-sided to double-sided, the second option is double-sided to double-sided. This is why I was getting double-sided prints all the time. To get single to single make sure the machine is in the default (reset button)

The default of the machine is set to single side only.  if you one option one of the menu it is single sides to double. So hit the reset botten each time to ensure you get single side  copying.

I just bought a new Canon TS9520. I spent hours trying to get it to stop printing double-sided. I called Canon and the representative said he couldn't help me because I have a Mac with Word on it and he only knows about Mac using Pages. I called Amazon technicans and they couldn't help me. So, I'm about to sadly send the computer back and buy an HP (which I don't wish to buy)

What is truly sad is that I have owned two Canons for years and years and loved them. Why would you make double-sided printing the default on your computers.

I just tried what you recommended and I was able to get word single-sided. But PDF files are still double-sided. What do you recommend here. I need to send the printer back in a few days if this is not solved so please answer quickly

Like many of you, I (recently) began having an issue with my Canon LBP6230dw printing double-sided even though I unchecked the option for double-sided printing. After a few minutes of trouble-shooting, I got the idea to see if there is an updated driver. Voilla! Sure enough, the driver for my printer was updated to version 1.54 (I had been using 1.51). I found the driver via https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-finder/support-printers?cm_sp=CSO-... and have not had an issue since.

I am using a 2018 Apple MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.1

I would not be surprised if updating the printer driver for PC users running non-Mac operating systems solves the issue. 

Hope this helps.

marcorichard
Apprentice

Canon? ... WHAT IS THE PRINTER PERFERENCES CONTROL SUPREMACY LOGIC???

This is a Canon Engineering Design policy Flaw....

Canon technical support currently claims that the Print Driver has supremacy and you cannot edit the default print policy.

This is flawed... you have to allow the customer to optionally determine a default print policy ... so make it editable at the driver install level... and be the default at the system level for all users.... plus change the logic to make the physical printer preferences supreme.. If the customer sets the physical printer Registration, that cannot be overrode by the printer driver…  

What is needed from Canon is the official design flow chart for supremacy of control of Duplex printing… & other printer preferences…  & the logic behind Print driver vs physical printer preferences supremacy… with a challenge to that design policy decision & to allow the customer to control the default printer preferences.

The printer doesn’t obey turning off 2-sided printing at the printer… (A major design decision flaw by Canon engineering…)

I am MIS at a business where I purchased multiple Canon Imageclass LBP6780dn - duplex capable printers … Some for our shipping department to generate shipping papers, pick tickets, pack slips, Bill of Ladings, shipping Manifests, International shipping documents & FedEx/UPS Hazmat Shipping certification documents…

Hence the requirement to print single sided & DOT compliance Shipping Documents…

Physical Printer Registration Setting/ Preferences:

At the printer control panel or via the remote UI… System Manger Control Menu, Settings/Registration Preferences: Paper Source Menu  … via Edit there is an option to set 2-sided settings on/off, via a check box & save…

Power Cycle the printer & re-verify that the  2-sided settings is off (uncheck)…

This is our example.

Issue: Print driver default profile (non-editable) supremacy

I

• Default print driver profile…Supremacy overrides Physical Printer Registration Setting/ Preferences

Print Driver: Canon LBP6780/3580 UFR II drive…

Driver profile:  … Default Settings; Finishing; Print Style: 2-sided Printing

Overrides the Physical Printer Registration Setting/ Preferences…

II

• For each user’s login profile on every system where the print driver is installed requires changing away from the default print driver profile to a custom Canon print driver profile setting to select 1-sided printing…via their individual printing preferences setup…

This is an issue, because we use additionally multiple Citrix remote login sessions for access to different centrally published applications in a NON-AD environment… without a Windows policy hierarchy.

Even in this extremely inconvenience configuration, we are finding printing sometimes doesn’t obey the preference settings and revert to the default 2-side printing setting…

The results is a lack of certainty & control of the printing environment when using Canon printer products…

Canon? … WHAT IS THE CONTROL SUPREMACY LOGIC???

We also found a duplex Bug ... where when you select to print 2 copies of a single sided printout the printer prints the 2 copies on a single duplex printed sheet....   

Sedaray
Apprentice

i will try the terminal solution when I get back to the office - several hours of several days wasted with this problem. The solution we found was to open a browser email and print two pages of a long email - aol.com allows you to select single-sided/two-sided (canon print dialogue does not).

We print 2 pages single-sided and then in the print dialogue of the doc leave the print setting as "last used settings".  If this is not changed we can print single-sided until someone tries double sided again.

On the printer (Canon D500) we have turned off double-sided, and in the print diaglogue "presets/layout/two-sided" is off, but this does not help.

OS X 10.11 El Capitain, Mac Pro.

Canon, please fix your software and release an update.

Announcements