cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Failed on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4

gadgetology
Apprentice

Hi guys, I own a Canon LBP6030 Laser Printer and I have a MacBook running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4. I'm having a problem that seems unsolvable. Everything I try to print gives me a 'Filter Failed' error. I've tried everything I found online with no luck. I downloaded drivers from USA, Japan, South Africa Canon website for MacOS Sierra again with no luck. Anyone has a solution!? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello gadgetology,

I realize you have already tried downloading the drivers.  However, for the Canon USA imageCLASS LBP6030w, I suggest you uninstall the current drivers then download and re-install the drivers using the steps below to resolve the 'Filter Failed' error.

Please follow these steps to uninstall the printer drivers: (If certain items are not listed or found, move on to the next step.)

1.  Open [System Preferences] -> click [Print & Fax] or [Print & Scan].

2.  Select the icon for your LBP6030w -> click [-] icon to delete the printer.

3.  Delete the folders and files for the printer driver you are deleting.

a.   /Library/Printers/CanonUFR2

b.   /Library/LaunchAgents/jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist

c.   /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/CNTD***Z*2*.ppd.gz.  Where *** indicates a character string that represents the LBP6030w and the *2* indicates a character string that represents the corresponding language.

IMPORTANT: If you delete a 'PPD.gz' file other that that of the printer model you want to delete, the print driver may not work correctly.

Note: If the [Authenticate] dialog box is displayed, enter the administrators name and password -> click [OK].

4.  Restart your computer.

After the computer restarts, please follow these steps to download and re-install the drivers for your LBP6030w from our web site:

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your LBP6030w.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3.  Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended section. 

4.  Click on SELECT next to [Mac] UFRII LT Printer Driver Ver.1.4.1 (Mac OS : 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) to download the printer drivers.

5.  After clicking on SELECT, click the DOWNLOAD button.

6.  The download will start automatically.

7.  Files are saved on your computer desktop.

8.  Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.

9.  Double-click the mounted Disk Image.

10.  Double-click the Installer file in the folder.  Installation starts automatically.

11.  Add the printer to your computer again.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

the first part of these instructions work perfectly to uninstaling drivers for any printer

you can add your printer afterwards again for an automatic driver download and update (if osx has it in the repository).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements